It was a fantastic day with fantastic weather and fantastic team effort at St Kingsmark Bowmen’s sixth FITA Star on Sunday 6th September 2015.
This year it incorporated the Gwent County and Open Championships.
Congratulations to the following for new County Records:
- Nicola Phillips (Ladies Longbow)
- Stephen Edwards (Gents Compound)
- Thea Rogers (Junior Girl U14 shooting the Metric II)
- Samuel Farr (Junior Boy Barebow)
- Jack Powell (Junior Boy Recurve)
Congratulations to the following for gaining their Star Awards:
- Tracey Farr, Llantarnam (1000 Star)
- David Wakefield, Chippenham Archers (1200 Star)
- Roy Goddard, South Oxon Archers (1100 Star)
- Neil Vodden, Pentref Bowmen (1200 Star)
- Thea Rogers, Llantarnam (1200 Star – Junior Girl U14 Shooting Metric II)
- Colin Williams, Celtic Archers (1300 Star)
Our Lady Paramount Pippa Briton presented Andy Tan from Llantarnam Archery Club with the Lady Paramount’s prize for getting the closest score to 1000.
And now to say thank you!
The competition would not take place if it weren’t for the efforts of our club members. A big thank you to everyone that helped out in any way at all from making the delicious cakes to laying out the field on the Saturday.
A big thanks must go to Anita Schurer and Lesley Wason for their work on the catering front. Without Anita there would be no burgers and no bacon and sausage rolls. Without Lesley there would be no delicious cakes! And thanks Ann White for providing a gluten and dairy free chocolate cake.
St Kingsmark Bowmen would like to thank the archers that attended the shoot and hope that everybody had a good day. Our thanks also go to Chepstow Athletic Club, Pembroke Road Primary School, Llantarnam Archery Club and City of Newport Archers for their support as without it the tournament could not go ahead.
But the biggest thank you must go to Julian Cleak for organising it all.
We look forward to seeing you all again next year on 4th September 2016.